5 Foods to Supercharge Your Diet!!

Many people believe that getting in shape takes place in the gym. While you are not wrong, you’re also not entirely right either. There’s a generally accepted rule in the fitness industry that “Great bodies are made in the kitchen”, and that phrase couldn’t be more right. Your nutrition is the most important aspect when it comes to attaining your fitness goals! About 80% of your overall physical fitness is in part of your diet whereas the other 20% is time spent in the gym. You can workout all day everyday, but if your 4 course meal consists of a burger, fries, nuggets and a soda, you can kiss seeing those abs anytime soon goodbye. Luckily, changing your diet to match your fitness goals is quite easy!

“Well if it’s easy, then why do so many people struggle with their diet then?”

A lot of the time, it is due to people eating bland foods that, while they are very healthy, make the process of eating right boring. So, luckily for you, I’ve added 7 tasty foods that you can add to your diet TODAY to help get you in better shape!

screen-shot-2018-10-15-at-7-10-32-pm.png

Cayenne Pepper

Loaded with various vitamins and minerals, Cayenne Pepper has been touted as a secret weapon within the nutritional world of the fitness industry. Not only does a tablespoon add a nice kick of flavor to your dishes, but it has also been shown to increase your metabolism; thus increasing fat burning capabilities. Say hello to that 6 pack you’ve been waiting for!

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 7.30.45 PM.png

Dark Chocolate

Wait… you can chocolate and be healthy?! Hell yeah you can. You may be used to Hershey chocolates or what not that contain copious amounts of sugars, but Dark Chocolate contains the least amount of added ingredients, making it much more beneficial to you health. It has also been shown to improve your brain health overtime as well as curbing your sweet tooth. So eat up!

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 7.32.26 PM.png

Eggs

I think we all saw this one coming, eggs are a classic! But what exactly makes them healthy? Well it has to do with the fact that it is a perfect blend of protein and healthy fats mixed into one food. With 6 grams of protein in just one egg, that makes up about 10% of what men need in their daily protein intake and 13% of what women need daily. A protein superfood!

 

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 7.35.10 PM.png

Peanut Butter

Peanut butter is a staple in my diet. It is chock full of healthy fats, which help with brain and heart health, and some protein to boot, making it a nice addition to anyone’s diet who is trying to put in muscle. It also contains resveratrol, which has been shown to help fight cancer. Crazy!

 

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 4.23.32 PM

Hemp Seeds

“Wait isn’t hemp associated with weed?” Why yes, yes it is. BUT, that’s not the only thing that makes them “dope” (I’m funny shut up). These bad boys are also chockfull of healthy omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Not only that, but they’re loaded with protein. Just 2-3 teaspoons can provide you with 11g of gains! A definite super-weapon to add to your diet for sure.

Just by adding these 5 things to your daily diet, you are sure to reap some of the various benefits they offer and will be able to see the difference in the mirror before you know it. The only thing to remember is that consistency is key; without a disciplined diet that you consistently stick to you, you can be sure that you won’t see the results you want. But don’t worry, I added these 5 foods specifically so that it would be super easy to implement into your diet without having to worry about prepping copious amounts of different foods to use them. Now go out there and eat up!

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this piece, be sure to follow us on Instagram (@frat_2_fit) like our Facebook Page (Frat 2 Fit) and/or subscribe to our YouTube Channel (Frat2Fit) to enjoy more health and fitness content!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s